Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday 31st January

I am, of course, very lucky to have made it to 50 years old. I'm not sure how my mother didn't kill me when I was a teenager, how I didn't kill myself driving my car, riding my motorbike or flying my paraglider. But I made it.

It's quite depressing approaching 50. The joints in my fingers are swollen with arthritis, my eyes are rapidly getting worse and I need my new hearing aids to hear in a group (and at work - you should hear 'em scream at me if I don't wear them!!!). Any one know a good audiologist??

The day itself was sensational. Warren and Jill from "Pancake Perfection" came and cooked pancakes for my birthday brunch. It was the McAdams, Russells, Jones and Dawsons that showed up to start the celebrations. The pancakes were sensational.



As was the birthday cake that Cathy had assembled from raw ingredients (same receipe as our wedding cake!!) and various relevant objects from every cake decorating shop within 20km :)




At night, we had a small but brilliant night at Enzo's Restuarant (where they treat Cathy like a princess). It was difficult choosing whether to have large and inclusive party or a small celebration. In the end it seemed appropriate to celebrate with some long time and special friends. I had a special night. I think everyone else did too. So special thanks to the Bob and Vicki, Ross and Caroline, Russell and Alice, Pat and Jenny, and Luke and Melissa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home