Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another Day when I should have stayed in bed.

The phone rang early - but I was half awake so I got up and answered it. Mary had called to give us an update on Mount Waverley, the grass and the latest from Australia Post.  This would have been followed by breakfast, but we were short of milk. It's only a short walk to Rusty's and it was early - so not too hot and humid but still hot and humid. I took only money.

On my return, our car was missing, the door was locked, no key under the mat and I had 2 litres of milk slowly warming up. Damn. Now I gotta walk over to the hospital - at least it's not TOO hot and humid.  Spoke nicely to the man on reception - "Cathy's been called in and has left me without keys". "No problem, I'll page her. Just have a seat"

After a couple of minutes of wondering "Why!! Why!! Why Me!!" the receptionist came back with the message "She's in the unit".  Oh great. Back across to the unit.

"So what's going on" he says.
"Nothing" she says. "
"I came back on the car was gone" he says
"It's been here the whole time" she says

Whoops. (*loud* penny drop) I went to the wrong unit.

Lucky Cathy had the morning off, it took her most of the morning to eat breakfast in between p5ssing herself laughing. Especially as we discussed the "obvious" differences between the 2 units.


This is OUR unit


This is NOT our unit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home