Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mt Barnett

Slept in and had breakfast before I left Kununurra. But thanks to a 1.5hr time change I left at roughly the same time as every other day. I stopped at the start of the Gibb River Road for a photo and to reduce the pressure in the tyres. This makes for a more comfortable ride.

About an hour into the drive is the Pentecost River. A very stony crossing that's best taken very slowly. An hour further on is Ellenbrae homestead.

Aptly described as "An Oasis". They serve up killer Scones with Jam and Cream. Parked in there driveway - with 4 very sad looking foreign tourists and their bags - was this broken down Gemini.

I had seen it the previous day in Kununurra being pulled over by the Highway Patrol. It looked like it would fall apart then - how they managed to get so far astounds me (I think they must have been towed to the driveway)

At the end of the day was a delightful and chilly swim in Manning Pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home