Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Alpine Classic 2011


David got up early to ride the relatively short 70km ride at the Alpine Classic (the longest one is 250km!!). The 70km is very simple - ride from Bright, up Mount Buffalo to Dingo Dell and return. As you can see, I spent a lot of the ride going slowly - and some of it going quite fast (Maximum 65km/h). That graph shows it by distance, Now look at this one -

>

Yep, a lot longer going slowly (and with the heart rate very high!!) It took me 1h40m to finish the main climb, and only 27m to ride down. Such is the life of a cyclist!!


I was happy to finish my ride just before midday. I had the best of weather, riding in the cool of the morning. It was 19 degrees when I left Bright and 31 degrees when I returned. Some riders in the longer rides where only just heading towards Mt Buffalo whilst I was having a well earnt beer.

UPDATE: Offical Times
Bright (Start) 08:01:06 AM
Mt Buffalo - Dingo Dell 10:39:50 AM
Bright (Finish) 11:46:09 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Mother Mary said...

Well done !! You deserved the beer. Enjoy the rest of your time relaxing or being challenged with ..... See you later in the week, maybe. MM

3:48 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Fair play to ya David!! I'm well impressed with ya! I still think that a bike with an engine would be way better for ya though!!! :o)

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home