Monday, September 16, 2019

Off to the Football - CIncinnatti Bengals vs SF 49ers

With the sun shining and a hometown footy match happening, I couldn't resist buying a ticket to go along. I convinced Ed to come along too. We were advised to arrive early to see people tailgating! Some poeple seemed to spend the whole time in the carpark and didn't even go in to the match.

Before the game there were various activities for kids and adults. I got to meet the Ben-Gals! David wished I'd invited them over to visit us in Oz.

They have a very strict bag policy so you can't even take in a handbag larger than your hand. You can take a clear PVC bag in or just wear something with pockets and minimise what you take. Once inside, we bought hotdogs for lunch. I couldnt believe the amount of junk food I saw people munching on!

The home team came out to flares and cheerleaders in full flight.

We were way up in the top deck but under cover with the sun behind us thankfully. At half time, they had the Ohio University band who played and danced around.

It's such a stop-start game and the 49ers were well ahead so we decided to leave at 3/4 time. I was exhausted and hungry by the end of the day so treated myself at a great Mexican bar and restaurant called Nada. Delicious guacamole and salsa plus lobster in lettuce wraps.

'

Time to pack my bags for Boston tomorrow. One week until I head for home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home