Thursday, April 04, 2019

Parenting Programs in Glasgow then wandering the Glasgow Green - Wednesday

The day began with the exciting news that David had made it to London en route to Belgium. We are finally in the same time zone. It is still 2 weeks until I see him again though.

With Sir Harry delivering a lecture in London, I made my own way to meet April at the Glasgow City Health and Social Care partnership. We discussed the delivery of parenting programs - ranging from a soft touch to a structured group program over several weeks. April also spoke of the limitations of who they can offer services to and her hopes to reach parents who currently have no contact with their children. It was a fruitful conversation on a dreary Glasgow day.

I had my trusty umbrella with me, so I walked back through Glasgow Green to the city. I found the Doulton Fountain with a depiction of Australia, Canada, India and South Africa beneath Queen Victoria.

I stopped at a local social enterprise café for lunch. The afternoon was spent working on my grand round talk for Dublin next week – can’t quite decide which of 2 or 3 talks to give, but I’m sure it will work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home