Saturday, April 06, 2019

CELCIS - Centre for Excellence for Looked After Children In Scotland then Friday lunch

Another fascinating morning speaking with people who develop the policies and structure around care for children in out of home care. I notice that every time I meet with someone, there is a kettle and biscuits in the office and I am always offered a cup of tea or coffee - very Scottish! I was interested to draw the parallels between the regular review of systems and processes in their systems and those in health.

As usual, I spent time reflecting and reading after the meeting and made some notes. I also bought a copy of "The Big Issue" and enjoyed reading it over lunch at a scottish pub(The Counting House). I decided to try the traditional "Haggis, nips and taties". It was filling and tasty - a bit like a deconstructed shepherd's pie.

The sun came out again today. I can't believe I woke up feeling excited it was going to be 14 degrees today! I took the opportunity to explore the Glasgow Botanic Gardens. David won't be surprised to hear I took lots of photos of flowers which I'll share below.

I also saw a squirrel and a water bike for David to try. Maybe he coudl try in it in the canals of Belgium!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother Mary said...

Glad the temperature is increasing - slowly! Beware of too many cups of tea and good Scottish food. Water bike looks interesting. Temperature is probably 28 degrees here in NSW !! Take care. I look forward to your blogs. Love you and miss you!

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home