Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Getting out of town - a visit to Edinburgh's miserable weather - Sunday 7th April

After a lazy start, I decided to jump on the train to Edinburgh and see if I could find a gin distillery tour to do. They seemed ot be booked out onlin so I decided to simply turn up and see if there was a cancellation. There wasn't, but I was pointed in the direction of the Royal Dick Bar, where I got my own personal tasting of Pickerings gin. My favorite was the 1947 blend which was a little spicy and was served with ginger ale. I had lunch there as it was so cold and wet.

I wandered outdoors with my scarf, gloves and coat tightly wrapped around me. I considered visiting "Dynamic Earth", but it didn't seem so interesting when I got there. I then went on to the royal residence in Edinburgh - Palace of Holyrood. It was interesting to do the audio tour.

Eventually my friend from WCLP, David, was ready to meet up. We had a great chat over a drink then dinner. Being able to discuss some of the things I've seen and heard over the past 10 days, and to hear more about the frontline experience of NHS Scotland was incredibly valuable. I've also been talking to another WCLP friend, Tonya, who is over here in Europe too. Being in the same time zone and away from the responsibilities of home allows the time for these connections to flourish.

At the end of the evening, we took this selfie with Edinburgh Castle lit up in the background. Can you see it?

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother Mary said...

Fascinating to follow you time in Scotland and tours of exploration! Maybe you could have found a church to go to on Sunday - might have been a warmer experience??Weather here is cooler today with rain. I haven't been able to visit the beach yet, just observed from a distance - the car!!
Lovely to chat the other day. Hope Ireland is really good. X

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home