Saturday, April 13, 2019

Wednesday 10th April – Travelling to the green grass of Ireland

After packing up my room and giving my leftover fruit and nibbles to a homeless person, I treated myself to a cup of tea and a Clootie Pudding with custard at The Willows Tearoom in Buchanan St. I have really been drawn to the Macintosh architecture and furniture design with the tall high-backed chairs and rose insignia in many of the designs. Scottish hospitality never seems to end and Sir Harry kindly drove me to the airport. I spent more time waiting in airports than in the air as it is less than an hour to fly to Dublin. Here, Irish hospitality took over and Serena was there to meet me. She'd been waching my flight on Flight radar and cursing the ATC who had us circling before allocating a landing time.

Together we found our way to the Ashling hotel, where we have stayed before. Mother Mary will be pleased to know we even went to church!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home